1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracker with SnowSport

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Voyager AL, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

finally had time and SNOW to get pics. 4 inches laying this morning...WET 4 inches!This is the perfect sized vehicle for this job. Small wheelbase for quick turnarounds. Lots of torque. I had to weld on my own class 3 hitch on the front. Easy job. The salter is a Moultrie Feeder/works great. I cut it down to 2/3 the original height. I never put in more than 2 bags of salt, plus I had to build a sheetmetal funnel in it to drain ALL the salt out. Happy Plowing,boys!AL

2. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Looks great !! I always wondered how those work. Looks like its getting down to pavement nice and clean, being wet snow probably helps that. Just goes to show the old saying "the right tool for the right job" . You know your setup and are using it properly. I know what you mean about the wheel base, I have a 96 2dr s10 blazer and it is much more maneuverable than my 79 F350. The only time I miss the F350 is when the piles are big and I need to move them back, thats pretty much its only use now. I just do residential driveways and one small lot.
  3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Voyager all I can say is WOW and laugh that is pretty impressive little machine.Do you raise and lower it by hand?How do you angle it or does it angle?

4. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

Talk about low overhead! You're probably raking in the dough with a rig like that???
  5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Right on, really seems to push the snow good. Nice machine for tight areas.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the snow is almost as high as the roof
  7. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Rcgm, yes, ya gotta lower it by hand. Not a big deal. I recently sold this tracker and bought a Ranger w/7' bed. I feel it will push even better, but its like turning a bus around. Not used to the long wheel-base. I miss the 32 MPG I got with the Tracker. This ranger,being an automatic, gets 13.5MPG
    Oh, no angle. I wish i had bought the angle head, but its about 250 dollars. Money is TIGHT this year. Economy sucks, so i will stick with the straight push.
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

more power to you thats a nice machine my trucks have a hard time in tight areas i bet that thing gets it done nice
  9. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

tracker with snow plow

I have a 97 geo tracker I want to put a snow plow on it how did u mount the hitch under the front end?
  10. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

welded it. Bought a Silverado Front hitch from Hidden Hitch. cut to fit tight against the lower control arm brackets. Mig welded. worked fine!
  11. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

tracker with snow plow

what i was going to do is get a rear bumper hitch and weld to a piece of quarter inch flat steel and bolt it to the flat cross member under ther front end
  12. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Its gotta be real strong. The plow mount is heavy, and it sticks out about 18 inches. So the leverage effect, well, you get what i am trying to say. Weld it solid ti the frame, or suspension components. I think the flat crossmember you speak of is just a heavy sheet-metal. NOT SURE, I HAVE RECENTLY SOLD MINE.
  13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I must say that I am impressed.:waving: