1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracker plow

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by ranger88den, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

I have a 1995 Geo Tracker, 2dr. and would like to put on a light duty plow for residential use (to plow my folks and my own drive). I live in northwest Ohio and we get moderate snow. Any suggsetions? Thanks, Dave

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi
    I built this one for a fiends Side kick, used a ATV plow,, and made the rest as we went along.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ranger88den

Nice job. I wish I had that level of fabrication skills.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

check out snowway

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You would need to look for a used Sno-Way plow. The 18 series or ST series with a 6' blade would have been the recommended application. You would also need to have someone build the mounting kit as we no longer product it.

6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

7. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

8. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

IMHO, that is just so stupid to stop making a mounting kit. What does it actually cost to keep the kit in the "system" and build based upon need?

Zack

9. ranger88den

Tom, Would you happen to have measured drawings of the mount? Either I could have it fabricated or try it myself. Thanks, Dave

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

did you check meyer new small truck series

11. ranger88den

No, I haven't, but thanks for the lead.

12. ranger88den

Chris, I didn't have any luck @ the Meyer's site. Any other suggestions? Thanks

13. PLOWMAN45

i guess your gonna have to snowbear or that superplow

14. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The Side Kick and plow are for sale $2900

My buddy just picked up a late model Dakota and a 8hp snow blower, so his plowing days are over, if your interested let me know

Jay

15. PLOWMAN45

Artic makes a vp or xp plow try them

16. Captain

Captain Senior Member

I plowed for 4 years with a Snowbear on my 1995 Tracker doing driveway accounts. That little Tracker was great for driveways and so manueverable. The short wheel based was awesome, and boy could it push some snow. Looked a little silly, but I laughed all the way to the bank. Very easy to self install as well. I think I still have the brackets for the 1995 Geo Tracker if you can find a used one. Yours for the cost of shipping.

17. geoman29

geoman29 Junior Member
    from ma

89 geo tracker

now the brackets you talk about, is it the brackets that you can mount a plow to?
    please let me know i have an 89 geo tracker that still runs strong and i was looking to put a plow on just for my own driveway. Please let me know i live in Springfield Ma

18. ranger88den

Captain, I would be interested in the Snowbear brackets if they are not gone yet. Send me a price for mailing to zip 43613 (toledo, ohio) & include a mailing address and the payment type you prefer. Thanks, Dave ranger88den@yahoo.com

19. DieselSmoke

DieselSmoke Junior Member

Nice work... I am currently adapting an old school Fisher 6.6' on my Tracker trail rig (for personal use). Quite a bit of custom fabrication, I will start a thread with some pictures when the project is completed.

20. ranger88den

It will be appreciated.