1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracked snowblower opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKing50, Jan 30, 2009.

1. PlowKing50

PlowKing50 Junior Member
    from NW Iowa

Our current snowblower is a 9hp 30" Ranch King which at best, sucks. I used my grandpa's snowblower, which is an older White 8hp 28" tracked model and it scraped clean to the concrete and threw the snow as far as I needed and could cut right into packed snow.

I found these 2 Craftsman tracked snowblower on craigslist. Does anyone have any experience with these models or Craftsman in general?

Thanks in advance.
  2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

We have used track snowblowers for the last 12 yrs. All are Yardman 24" 7 to 9 hp. We only use them at 4+" and for banks-condo's, ect sidewalks. Require seasonal adjustment and tuning-no big deal. Takes about 60% of the work effort and about twice a fast. Under 4" we use our 2 cycle units. I still have the 1st. one we bought and use every season.
  3. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I would say don't go with craftsman. Any craftsman power tool I have ever owned (mower, snow blower, drills, weedwackers, blowers) is gone and did not last very long at all. Go with another brand. Honda makes a nice tracked blower, but they are expensive.
  4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have 2 Cub Cadet tracked models...7hp & 9hp...both work well for moving 4+" of snow and are great for going up & down stairs. The 9hp has "heated" hand grips & electric chute adjustment << pimped out model >>.