1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tracked skid steer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by draynor, Dec 28, 2008.

1. draynor

draynor Junior Member

Does anyone use a skid steer with tracks removing snow. I have a Cat 268 B with loegering VTS system. Was wondering how it would work with snow plow or bucket. Thanks for any help.

2. e-zhauler

e-zhauler Junior Member

I run aT300 bobcat and don't have problems unless its ice, I mean the stuff you have to be carefull when walking on. But driveways and parking lots no problem as of yet , i push around 8' plow and 8' snowbucket.

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

Since you have the option of removing the tracks and putting your tires back on I would say do it. The company I work for has 6 Cats with that system on them and when they are calling for snow all of them come in the shop and have the tires put back on. You will make no extra money with the tracks and will shorten the life allot by plowing with them on. Tires plow better then tracks anyways so it is a double whammy. I have a Takeuchi TL130 and it does alright but tires will out plow it every time. Take them off for the winter and put them back on in the spring. Tell me what cost more a set of four tires or a set of two tracks. Wear out the tires on the pavement and save the tracks for the dirt and mud.