1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Track pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ratlover, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Tree is almost droped.......

GIR Tuesday 2005-06-14 back.jpg

2. ratlover

from IL

one just after launch

GIR Tuesday 2005-06-14 launch.jpg

3. ratlover

from IL

4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

ratlover, your truck is awesome. :waving:

5. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

so what does your truck run at the track

6. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

im talking speed

7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Ljrce check out Phils signature bro this boys runnin 11's !!!!
    Todd

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Awsome pics and sweet truck. Nothing like a little soot. :drinkup:

9. ratlover

from IL

113.88MPH trap speed on the 11.951 pass. The N2O passes dont smoke like that ;) On the N2O passes I look too much like a gasser running down the track :rolleyes:

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My Buddies running 12s with a 480HP 396 1968 Camaro. I can wait to bust his balls! Let me tell you it's fast but It will not hook up like 4 wheel drive!

Have fun, you crazy man!

11. plowfreak101

plowfreak101 Junior Member

Man that is ONE NICE LOOKING' CHEVY! I'm not a big Chevy fan at all but the black is sweet! Were are you located in Illinois, and is that at Gateway Race Track. Pretty nice looking'. I wonder how much that would pull at the county fair? Well very nice looking and Good Luck.

12. ratlover

from IL

Thanks

peoria or springfield

Yes thats gateway.

Havent done any pulls. Mostly becasue I always seem to have 1/2 bald tires except for in the winter??? :confused: ;)

13. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

11.95's on "street tires" gotta love it!!! What do you run without the bottle???

14. ratlover

from IL

13 flat to 12.70's or so depending on track and weather. Hopefully with a bit more traction tweaks, good weather, good prep I will be able to get in the 11.8's on spray and 12.5's on fuel.......I may do some tweaks though that will hurt my fuel times all in favor of getting better times on spray. We shall see. I have a few more tricks to try out.

15. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Does your tts programming run off of a laptop where you can set up separate profiles for n2o and without it????

That'd be the cat's a@@ if you could set up n2o/gas/mileage configs - 11's at the track and 21 mpg on the highway!

16. ratlover

from IL

I alwasy run with it set to kill. It drives just fine and gets normal milage if I keep my foot outa it. Well once I hit the interstae for a raod trip and hit the cruise I turn it down. Other wise all the extra power can flake out the cruise, you go up a little hill and it gives it the throttle it thinks it needs witch is too much and then backs off when you crest and it takes it awhile to figure it out and settle down, kinda gives you a surgeing. Its switchable on the fly, 80hp added or so, 120 or so added and then the level that puts me about 500 to the rear wheels total. www.ttspowersystems.com Its Steve Cole's company. I also plow with it turned down to the 80hp added level.

17. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Just out of curiosity are you running the factory 3:73's or 4:10's and what gear is the trans in when you go through the traps?

18. ratlover

from IL

factory 373 with 265 75 16 tires

Shifts into 5th(OD) around the 1/8

19. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Does the tail gate really cause drag? I see you have it off.

20. ratlover

from IL

not really its more of a weight deal. I drop the spare and try to clean out the tool box ect. Even with "lightening" my truck up I dont pick up much ET. A heavy diesel motor that torque heavy dosnt seem to respond as favorably as a gasser if you pulled the same amount of weight off. It falls into the every little bit helps and it cant hurt category.