1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Track Loader or Tractor for Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ICE CREAM MAN, Nov 15, 2011.

ICE CREAM MAN Junior Member
    from MA

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on wether to purchase a track loader or tractor for snow removal. I currently have a kubota b3030 but I have outgrown it and looking to replace it either with an L series Kubota tractor or track loader. I am looking for operator comfort as well as efficiency. I will mainly use it to load and stack snow in parking lots. my other use would be light machine work in the warm weather months such as grading and landscaping and construction work. I have always leaned towards tractors because they do less damage on finished lawns, but the manueverability and speed is starting to make me think otherwise.

Track Machines I am considering are Kubota, Terex, Cat and Deere in the 70 hp range. Any comments on theses machines would be appreciated.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

From experience with both I'd lean to a tractor, however a track loader would be better for landscaping.

ICE CREAM MAN Junior Member
    from MA

That is the direction I am thinking as well, better visibility, comfort, etc. Do you think an L series Kubota is sufficient? I am getting a smoking deal on one with loader, backhoe and plow with 100 hours. One year old machine $28,500, homeowner has no use for it anymore.
  4. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I just picked up an L series to use this season. I have not used it yet for snow so I can't tell you how it works but my hope is that it will work as good or better than I had planned.
    I bought the L series mainly for snow removal, but also purchased it due to it's size so I can use it for mowing, landscapeing etc.
    Best of luck!