1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Track bar issue

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by LawnServicesInc, Aug 3, 2007.

1. LawnServicesInc

LawnServicesInc Junior Member

Hi everyone, just a quick question.I have a 2005 dodge 2500 and i keep having the same problem with the damn track bar. The bolt that goes through the frame and track bar keeps comming loose, I have had this in to the dealer numerious times either for track bar replacement or a tighting.I think i have had the replacement so many times becuase the bolt comes loose and wears out the bushing. Any ideas to keep the bolt tight. THANK YOU.

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yep try a breaker bar with a cheater bar on it. After I did my Kore leveling kit I couldnt keep the bolt tight either. I impacted it on several times. Then started using the breaker bar on it. Finally I got pissed and threw a cheater bar on the breaker. Been good for about 6 months now. Do you have a lift ? I know the leveling kit offsets the axle , I need an adjustable track bar to center the axle. It still goes down the road fine though.

3. LawnServicesInc

Thanks for the reply T-man. Yes i do have a two inch lift,i have not tried cheater and breaker but did use the jack handle on ratchet (broke my ratchet) and still came loose after about two weeks. I did hear that the nut may be a lock nut and needs to be replaced because of the bar being on and off soooo many times? Also was wondering about the bar length maybe a bar for a power wagon? Two inch lift? Thanks again.

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

5. LawnServicesInc

WOW now that looks nice.I will be ordering that very soon thanks for the info greatly appreciated.

6. dshiftff

dshiftff Junior Member
    from CT

Have you tried Red Loc-tite? 2" leveling kit usually does not require a adjustable track bar.