1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TPMS disable??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ommegang, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

I am putting diferent tires/rims on and, at present, I am not going to breakdown the old one just to get the TPMS out. Is there a fuse I can pull out to disable this. How about the seatbelt dinging for that matter too. Anyone try yet?

08' F250XL 5.4

2. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

federal law bull crap. what makes them think a light in the dash will do the job of making sure tire pressure is actualy set and correct.

and on newer ones you only get factory set pressures to read on the units. the older ones you could set them to what you wanted not spec on door.

so if you have 60front and 80 rear stock. then swap to bigger tires that only go to 65 psi max. guess what the light will still never go out.

f$#kin feds and factory enginers :realmad:

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Sounds like someone found an easy fix :)

5. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

You can set the pressures to what you want.. We have run into this with the impala's with the factory gm integrity tires set at 30psi. WAY TOO LOW. The outsides wear out before the inside of the tread is not even half way gone. The tech 2 allows you to set what the limit is, and im sure the other factory scan tools allow this as well.. This really isnt a bad move, almost all of the vehicles we service on a daily basis have low tire pressure.. Its a cool feature that will become second nature in a few year, aftermarket wheel mfgs will follow suit as well..

6. svt2205

svt2205 Member

That only works if the sensors don't have a battery saver mode.