1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Tundra - 8.5' Fisher Plow

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by Spudman, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Spudman

Spudman Member

I had to do some cleanup plowing this morning, so I grabbed the 8.5' Fisher MMI from our Duramax and hooked it up to my Tundra. It seemed to handle the extra weight really well, not any different than my 7.5' plow. Here is a raised and lowered picture, a little squat, but not bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great Spudman. I think my next truck will be a Tundra with an 8' Fisher HD. Tundras handle plows very well.

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Other than the headgear about to fall forward it holds it well. Make sure the holes in your push plates aren't a bit oblong now.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

MM1's tend to lean forward a bit, my old 7'6" did the same thing on my Dakota. I believe the headgear on those can be adjusted since they had metal brackets that you can loosen and retighten to pull the headgear back up.

Looks good but lifting the plow and driving around with it is a hole different story. The Tundra's do hold plows very well though.

5. Spudman

Spudman Member

I will be the first to agree that this is not the right plow combination for long-term use and front end life, but it was a good experiment on a Saturday afternoon.

6. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck im thinking of getting a tundra, i to have an xblade 8' tho i would like to put that on it idk it'll be to heavy tho.
    p.s. i dont know if you know this but your 7.5 xblade is about 10lbs heavier then the 8.5 hd so it could be for long time use

7. mercer_me

I'm pretty sure the 8.5' MM1 weighs more than the 8.5' MM2.

8. dodgegmc1213

Yea idk what the weight difference between mm 1 and 2 I was just on the there site and said the 7.5 xblade is 742 lbs and the 8.5 hd is 731lbs. I was thinking of putting a 9ft hd on mine since its only 745lbs

9. mercer_me

I would love to see pictures when you do that. Let us know how it works for you.

10. dodgegmc1213

sure will its gonna be a few months before i can get the truck trying to sell my current truck now so i can get the money to get it

11. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Just got a new fisher sd 7.6 plow for my 2010 toyota tundra, can't wait for the snow this winter

12. mercer_me

That's the same plow my Dad has on his Tundra. It's a really rugged plow for being so light. The only thing I really don't like about it, is the poly cutting edge but, you can put a steel cutting edge on it. It should be a good plow for you. How many driveways are you plowing.

13. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Right now I have about 10 driveways but, I'll probably pick up a few more. Have you tried back scraping with this plow? does it back scrape good or do you think I should put on a back drag edge?

14. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Hmmm. I didnt know a rice rocket could do anything besides go to the grocery store

15. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Tundra is the strongest half ton you can get, believe me I felt the same way before I got one, then after having one for two years, would not go for a chevy or ford and I'm a total chevy guy too

16. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  17. mercer_me

With a steel cutting edge I think it would back drag well. But, with the poly cutting edge it doesn't back drag that great.

When my Dad first bought his Tundra, I thought it was going to be a light duty junk. But, it didn't take me long to love this truck. I also would take a Tundra over a GM, Ford, or Dodge 1/2 ton any day of the weak. That being said, I say that for the 07+ Tundras only. You could not pay me to own a 2006 and older Tundra, they are very light duty and they can't handle a full size plow.

18. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I feel the same way mercer

19. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

/Users/michellevallerand/Downloads/tn.jpeg

20. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Trying to post a pic