1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Tacoma W/model 22 snowplow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Chris-R, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I just picked up my new Sno-Way Model 22 plow from Martin Tire in Worcester, MA. They did a nice job. Everything looks very well done. Eric the snow plow guy took time to show me everything I needed to know. When I was walking out the door, he all-of-a-sudden, gave me a free strobe light as a gift for giving him my business :) All I can say is Wow! Here is a picture of my new setup.

08182007 182.jpg
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks great Chris.

Thanks for being a Sno-Way customer, we appreciate your business.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nice unit, the 22 series is a great match for your truck.

Consider getting the standard poly defector, a great windshield wiper motor saver. :nod:
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed with a 4Runner for years with a Snoway......you will be pleased
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

thats a driveway eating machine!

its refreshing to hear about dealers actually caring about their customers.
  6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that setup? I am tossed up between the 7'6" Snoway with DP or a 7' Curtis Homepro 3000 for my wifes 2003 Tacoma. Also, what reasons attracted you to the Snoway oover other brands? Just curious.
  7. dmontgomery

for me.....the light weight of the plow so not to beat on the vehicle, and the option of down pressure that make it perform like a must heavier plow is what led me to Snoway......especially on smaller vehicles
  8. hajloomy

hajloomy Junior Member
    from Chicago

22 vs ST

I'm trying to decide between a 22 series or a ST series for my 2000 Toyota 4-Runner? The dealer wants $800 more dollars for the 22. Is it worth it?
  9. dmontgomery

I had an ST...it was fine and worked great...... but it looked a little weird being only 18" tall..... If I was doing it again....I would go with the 22
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the Sn-Way family. Very nice set-up.
  11. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I went to the Curtis factory store in Worcester and looked at a Homepro too. I liked it a lot but it's over 100 pounds heavier than the Sno-Way. Combined with the down-pressure option on the Sno-Way plus wireless remote and the winner was Sno-Way by a mile. As for price, the Sno-Way was a few hundred more than the Curtis but I got a wireless remote, down-pressure, and a plow that is over 100 pounds lighter than the Curtis so my front end won't get beat up. When I raise my plow, my front end goes down only 1/2 inch. I don't see the need for any front end mods with the Sno-Way which is a plus.
  12. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

very nice rig