1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Tacoma Snow Plow Development

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by App SnowRemoval, Aug 31, 2010.

1. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

I am looking at some snow plows for my 2007 toyota tacoma. I have a development to push this year and 6 house propertys at the moment prob build a little more.. I was looking at a westeren hts plow because of the heigh of the plow is great for my truck. Will my truck work all right for the development because i can make my truck go better in the snow then my dads desel or am i just looking for trouble?????

2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

My 4 wheeler plow is for sale, that would probably fit well :rolleyes:

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

How can you make your truck go better in the snow than the diesel? If the diesel is 4wd its a no brainer to use that.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You can do it but its going to take awhile and there is the possibility of getting stuck on longer pushes. I did it with a QuadCab Dakota for 3 years which weighed more and had more power and this happened quite a bit. Ended up having to strain the truck quite a bit because I'd have to knock down the snow banks I created then got stuck.

5. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

i thank you guys for your help with the my problem but i am just saying if you think that a chevy 1500 can push more then my truck you are carzy i bet anybody i could hang with any other half ton out there with my toyota but i still think i am going to get another truck i found a 87 gmc with a boss blade i am going to prob go after.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

You better do more research and what not if you think your truck will keep up with a chevy 1500, maybe if its a v6, reg cab short box, 2wd with slicks and a blizzard 8611... just sayin

7. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i used to run a s10 and i would say i could climb through a good foot of snow no problem. but when i had a plow on it it would sag bad and i couldn't push half what a full sized truck could. if u have much to plow then i would most def run a larger truck.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I'd bet a million dollars that a 1/2 ton can push more than your truck. Unless it wasn't running.

9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Snoway makes plows for your truck. I plowed with a 4Runner for a couple of years.....it was a great little combo