1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota resources

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Detroitdan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know of a forum for Toyota guys? I come here for winter stuff, Lawnsite for mowing stuff, Chevytalk and Oilburners for my Chevy stuff, but would like to find a Toyota forum where I can learn a few things since I'm now a proud Toyota owner.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

pirate 4x4

3. Detroitdan

thanks!

Aaargh! Here there be pirates!

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

5. Detroitdan

Are they as bad as the A holes I found at Pirate 4x4?

what a bunch of losers.

6. Remerson

Remerson Junior Member

Toyota website

Tundrasolutions.com

Great people, great vehicles, lots of help with mods and repairs (if you ever need any - it's a Toyota!)

7. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

If you like people cursing about everything folks say then Tacomaterritory is for you. Probably almost as bad as Pirate...

Some helpful folks and some that just bitc# at you about not searching or not being a real off roader or having a solid axle swap.

So sad cause it's a great taco site. Lots of the folks that really wheel and know their tacos and there are quite a number of professional Toyota dealership techs on board.

Unfortunately the site owner does not moderate it well (well, not at all) for "professionalism" and some of the members go out of their way to act like 12 year olds.

Half of their disk space is wasted by flaming replies filled with profanity telling someone not to be an "a hole" (or other profanity) and do a search on the subject... But if you're in the clique they are nice to the person and if not they do everything they can do to get under someone's skin.

Makes me appreciate how professional this site is!!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  8. peterng

peterng Senior Member

9. the_experience

the_experience Member

Pirate4x4 has a WEALTH of knowledge, but as I think you probably found out, newbies need to tread lightly. There is a flamefree newbie section to post in which is a good idea if you question just how "hardcore" your question is. The worst thing you can do is start firing back at them when they start flaming you. They feed off that.

Toyotaoffroad.com is also another good site although I haven't been there in a while. It's not that I think pirate is better, but pirate has a general chit chat section that can be pretty damn funny.

My SASed '93 Yota
    [​IMG]

10. the_experience

the_experience Member

Oh yeah...if nothing else just shoot me a PM. I like talking Toyota with anyone else that wants to.