1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Plow Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SIWEL, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

Anyone have any pictures of Toyota plow trucks? I just bought a 1991 pick-up ext cab with a 6.5' western plow. I do not have it or any pictures of it yet, picking it up around the 15th of Jan. Lets see them...

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

This is my 2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4 4.6L V8 Double Cab 6.5' Bed with a 7.5' Fisher SD plow.

[​IMG]

3. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

mercer me i always thought your truck was a 5.7L v8 how are the 4.6L v8's??

4. mercer_me

The 4.6L is a great engine IMO. It's has all the power I need. They say it has 310 horse power stock. I have never ran into any situation wear I needed more power. If I was going to haul alot of heavy loads I probly would have went with the 5.7L. But, the heaviest thing I haul is my ATV trailer with 2 ATVs on it.

5. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

310 HP isnt bad at all thats pretty good for a half ton Thumbs Up

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

in a plow truck you want torque not horsepower but it's still impresive ;)

7. mercer_me

Ya it is especialy for a 4.6L. The GM 5.3L has 315 horse power.

The Toyota 4.6L has 327 lb.-ft. @ 3400 RPM.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  8. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

All good! Didn't question the capability of the Yota! Old owners used to say you can plow in a 4 banger Sidekick :)
    I plow with a 6 cylinder........but it's a diesel.

9. mercer_me

Ya, these new i-FORCE V8s are realy impresive IMO.

10. H20-32

H20-32 Member

11. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Here's my 08 Tundra

[​IMG]

12. mercer_me

I realy like your Tundra H2O. It's a great looking truck. You should post some pics of side views of it.

13. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

14. mercer_me

Thats a realy nice smaller set up. What do you plow? (driveways, lots, ect.)

15. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

i think the Tundra is a sexy looking truck, IMO. I know a lot of "hardcore" guys like to bash Toyota but who cares what they say. It's a good 1/2 ton truck that can move a bunch of snow.

16. mercer_me

I don't know if I would call it sexy. HAHA But, it's definatly a good 1/2 ton truck that can push alot of snow realy good.

17. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

love the looks of the tundras, hope to grab one someday. I really like the single cab 91. What motor drivetrain?

18. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I do a couple lots and driveways its really nice to turn around in a tight space.

19. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

its got the 4cyl 22re and its never let me down yet. I bought it about 5 years ago with only 13,000 miles on itxysport

20. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

WOW thats awesome. The one I just bought has about 160 on it and also has the 22re and the 5spd. The downfall is that it is the ext cab... well downfall for plowing it will be nice every other time of year. The 94 I used to have had 210,000 miles, but stupid me sold it for $3,000. Still regret selling it.