1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota Pickup, meyers plow frame

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NickL, Oct 12, 2006.

1. NickL

NickL Junior Member
    from CT

here are some pics, 1988 toyota pickup, new clutch, new brakes, new timing belt, new trailer hitch and wiring, wood and steel bed is clean and well built. A truck this short would be great for doing residentials, I dont have the plow/pump but do have a meyers plow frame. Was going to put a meyers 6.5 on but ended up getting a full size. Truck has only 120k, V6 , 4x4, 5 speed, tight front end and recent alignment, clean almost rust free frame, needs nothing, also has cold A/C for the summer. Asking $2000, located in central CT.

toyotaback.jpg

toyotaside.jpg

2. NickL

NickL Junior Member
    from CT

bump..........

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

what plow would the mount fit? I'm looking for a plow setup for my 94 Toy. Also my equipment dealer is looking for a toyota pickup, I will pass this along to him tomorrow.

4. NickL

NickL Junior Member
    from CT

The mount is for a meyers 6 or 6.5 foot plow, it will fit 89-95 toyota pickups, and with minimal work could be put on an 86-88.You will also need the meyers e47 electric/hydraulic unit which goes on the frame with 2 bolts, and I believe is completly universal, there are a million of them around. You will also need the wiring and the plow blade/angle cylinder assembly. This stuff is pretty common in the bargainnews and usually well priced. Also the V6 in the toyota pickups has a bad reputation for blowing headgaskets, but if you do some research 88 was the only year without this problem because toyota used an asbestos head gasket.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I was looking in the bargainnews today and found an 84 setup complete. however you're saying that an 84 setup won't work on a 94? I thought they were all the same from 84-94?

6. NickL

NickL Junior Member
    from CT

1984 is a solid front axle, toyota introduced independant front suspension in 1986 which is a completely different setup

7. NickL

NickL Junior Member
    from CT

bump........................................

8. jimjakmc

jimjakmc Junior Member
    from Chicago

How much do yo want for the mount and shipping to Chicago I have an 88 but if it would work I may be interested
    Thanks
    Jim

9. jimjakmc

jimjakmc Junior Member
    from Chicago