1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota or Jeep

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bobby D, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Bobby D

Bobby D Junior Member

I'm new to this site and will soon be new to snowplowing. I've searched the site for using a jeep and or toyota pick-ups for plowing. I will be doing residential driveways about 100ft or more. Question is: If you had to spend less 5,000.00 would you buy a jeep 1994 or older or a Toyota pick-up 1994 or older? I all ready own a 1996 T100 but they don't recomend a plow for it!

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I run a toyota , it is a great little plow truck for light snows . I cant kill the thing . It is great to jump up on sidewalks , and plow driveways , Its down fall is it has no weight , heavy snows it is only good to clean up behind the loader. This is my second one the frame rust out and break after a few years of plowing . But I can pick up another truck for about 1000.oo and move the plow to the next victim.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

6 cyl jeep wrangler auto good turning radius

4. Radguy

Radguy Member

I own a 94' Yota, I bought it this summer it has 130,000 miles with a 2 year old 6.5' fisher minute mount plow. All for $4,000.

So far I've only plowed one storm, but no problems. As far as a toyota goes you just can't kill them:cool:

Jeeps are good for wheeling but I don't think they were built to work, but I could be wrong :p

5. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

I run both,an 86 toyota 4runner and a 98 tj. The jeep will turn arround inside of some driveways,which is real convienent. I've been using the 4runner this year so far because i just" set it up"
    Both ate rugged and dependable vehicles,but when it comes to long life the toyota wins,mine has 264,000 miles on it .Which one is better?? tough decision????

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

a jeep with out a doubt. i dont much like toyota but they do make nice trucks:)