1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Toyota FJ Crusier

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by JPDigger, Oct 13, 2008.

1. JPDigger

JPDigger Junior Member
    from Midwest

Can anyone suggest a plow for the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser? What Plow (set up) would you recommend? Have you used the Cruiser for Commercial and Residential use? Thanks!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I would rethink putting a plow on the fj.
    They have a front crumple zone that is cracking from normal use.
    This is a pic of one that failed It was not in an accident just from normal use.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  3. JPDigger

JPDigger Junior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks - this is helpful info. Have you heard of anyone using the FJ for Plowing?

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I do not know of any company that offers a snow plow application for the FJ Cruiser.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And SF's pic shows an example of the exact the reason why. Will never take the weight of carrying the plow or the stress of pushing it. :salute:

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

We had one on for a demo vehicle. Functionally it was a nice little plow vehicle, but it's obviously not designed for it. That picture above of the crumple zone is disturbing. We inspected it after using it to plow 18"-24" last year in that late blizzard, and didn't see anything, but fatigue cracks aren't always easy to see.

On any vehicle you have to minimize the load you're putting on the frame ears - usually by a rear brace that hits the skid plate or frame crossmember.

It looks cool with a plow (especially a stainless one :)) - but I don't think you'll find too many manufacturers making a mount. It's a pretty expensive vehicle to waste on a plow anyway... I've seen a lot of guys getting plows that cost more than the truck they just bought...

Scott Moorman
    BPC / SnowDogg Plows

7. JPDigger

JPDigger Junior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks gentlemen! I becoming more convinced that the FJ is not for plowing - although I did find a site "AutoAnything" that offers a plow for the FJ...yet it looks like a "home owner" version...NOT for repetitive commerical use. I appreciate this site - lowers the learning curve and good resource for products.

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

what kind of plow was it? was it one of those pull behind plows that go in the reciever hitch?
    if so those are a joke :dizzy: we have a couple here and to hook one of them up into the hitch is a nightmare :realmad:

9. JPDigger

JPDigger Junior Member
    from Midwest

Not sure - it's called a Snow Sport Personal Utility plow....looks like it could be hooked up to a back receiver if you wanted to. Too "light duty" for heavy commercial use.