1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Township Plowing.

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by Cherryco, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Cherryco

Cherryco Junior Member

This is my first year working for the township. I am only part time with hopes of being hired full time. I have worked for myself for the last 12 years. All of work was roads for new home communities. As the communities have built out, the local cities and towns take over. I found out that my last 2 sites would be city plowed. The job with the township seemed great at first. I drive their truck. I don't have paperwork to do or money to collect.
    After working a couple snow falls I have found out that this is not as i thought. I am only working 4-6 hours when it snows good. I don't salt for them, so I am not out every storm. I am making $100-150 per storm. Last year I was making a lot more for plowing plus more for salting. I took the job with a long term plan of getting the full-time gig, but now I am having second thoughts.
    Has anyone else been in the situation? I have to think that the long term result will be best for my family, but I can't see it too well at times. Just wondering if anyone else had taken this route and regretted it.
  2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Well i plow subdavisions like 5 big ones its the best thing ever for us.......
    1k every salt run (per sub)
    but then again we plow that plus commercials and resi driveways.......
    we love it!
    sorry thats all i got!