1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Township Highway Dept Gives Up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rider1340, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

I was working last night on the lot i do next to the highway dept. yard and noticed at about 10p.m. all the trucks were heading in. I asked one fella i know who works for them,and he said, " We were told to head in, thats all i know" . Well didnt ya know it it started coming down hard, ice and $now,it is now 3:22p.m. sun and my street is not plowed, and neither are about 75 other side streets.Good night.:eek:
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Often towns will quit for the night but they should have come back out by now.
  3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

They do it to save material and....

Give the drivers a break, but its usually in bigger storms that they do this.

The politicos usually love to ***** and moan when DPW needs additional funds for sand and overtime.

It wasnt that bad in this area that the DPW needed to take a break and we got between 4" and 6"
  4. Rider1340

Rider1340 Member

Re: They do it to save material and....

The drivers get nap time , not breaks around here.My taxes are not working hard enough i guess, looks like i'll have to pull a different lever in November.