1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Townhome Association Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Hambrick & Co., Aug 26, 2008.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have a question, I am bidding on a T/H Assoc in my town which consist of 16 units (two car drives and a center lane) side walks leading up to each unit, no salt on either. They have asked for a monthly quote and a per push quote, my question is how do you come up with a monthly price. I know how long it will take me to plow the lot (18,00Sq Ft) and with one helper to do the walks (16ft x 2ft at each house) I know my hourly rate of what I need to make to turn a profit but how do I combine all that information to create the monthly quote. How many storms should I average per month? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Come up with a total for season (avg. # of trips), divide by number of months in season.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

find out what the average number of storms per season , which are greater depth than your tigger ( over 1, or 2 inchs) , then divide by how ever many months they want a season to last

heres a tip, tell them you cant give them a "monthly price" but you can give them a "seasonal" price and divid it up by monthly payments

heres why.... some ppl , get real smart, and refuse to pay you for the months of november , and march, if you dont plow.

they claim no service was provided, or they just cancel the contract early or start it late... i have seen it before. kinda like the guy that hires you to do all the work for a fixed montly price in the spring... you make no money in the spring, with all the fert, and weed killer, and spring clean up ..... but then summer time comes, and he says he will do it himself. you also need a termination clause that states that all T/M will be tracked and billed to the customer at ____ blank rate .... if the contract is terminated early, this is because servicing your account is based on an entire season. and the customer will be liable for all materials, purchased, and any additional time spent on the property

so give them a winter seasonal price, and tell them you will divide it up anyway you or they are comfortable with

i try to get my 1st payment no later than nov 1st

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure you count multipule trips in one snowfall when you are counting the # of snowfalls for the year. For example it might snow 20 times but you might be out twice in one storm and 3 times in another so you have 23 plows not 20.

5. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Where is the best place to find the total number or the average snowfall for my area?

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Experience, & elite brought up some good points not to overlook.