1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Town truck F550

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 07PSDCREW, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I thought this was pretty cool. Came in today for oil change service. It has a dump bed and hydraulic salter that's removable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a lot of money hanging on that truck

3. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Holden has some nice equipment all nice late model stuff. Worcester also upgraded some of there stuff too. I'd like to see some towns try those undertailgate spreaders like Penndot, they look like they'd be the balls

4. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

So that truck is dedicated strictly for salting and plowing, or does the entire dump body come off in spring?

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

The dump body stays on but the spreader attachment in rear is detachable, just unplug two hydraulic lines and remove. The wing and front plow are removeable as one unit also. And then the truck is fully functional as a dump in summer.

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

taxes are high in holden.

This is what happens when office workers buy trucks.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What brand of plow is that? I see them all over Mass and NH, but I never catch a name.

8. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

It's a Everest plow set-up and I'm willing to bet that truck was upfitted at HP Fairfield in Worcester

9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Most wing plows allow you to see out the passenger side windows, then again, they are normally on Internationals. CRAZY... Can you say blind spot

10. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

Hey 07PSDCREW, do you work at sunnyside? Just curious, its where i bring my truck for anything more than fuel filters and oil changes. nice truck by the way. Matt

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hey Snopushin...you're pretty good! I do

12. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a cover for the conveyor in the summer? I would think that dirt/rock would flow right thru.

13. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I don't know if there is but from what it looked like there's no open slats for it to fall through. As long as the conveyor wasn't on, dirt should stay put.

14. snopushin ford

from mass

ah cool, i figured being a holden town truck. Anyway my truck was there a few weeks ago getting a cracked dpf replaced. wonder if it was u that worked on it. its a maroon and tan 2 tone crew cab, just 18k on her. Matt

15. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Yes. You were concerned about the soot on the tailpipes. We had to contact Ford directly to get authorization for replacement. They said in training that no soot should show on the pipes at all. If it does its a cracked dpf as you found out. Just be glad you didn't have to pay for that.!!

16. snopushin ford

from mass

oh yes, if i recall it was just over $1850. and i gotta say, it looks great hanging in the basement :)

17. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

What is hanging in the basement? Unless you call the bottom of ur truck the basement....? Lol

18. snopushin ford

from mass

the exhaust system.

19. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Ohh. Did you put in a dpf delete kit? Because the cracked one went back to Ford.

20. snopushin ford

from mass

yes i did delete it. i noticed the cracked dpf when i bought the truck but i didn't care because i was going to delete it anyway. But i had to return it to stock to get it inspected and figured i would get it fixed before the warranty was gone. This truck has been tuned for about 9k miles. I had a blue 08 with the 6.4 which i had tuned. they run so much better, oil is cleaner. The truck has a 4" downpipe back with a mbrp muffler, H&S mini maxx tuning and a S&B intake. what have you done to your truck?