1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Town sidewalk

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RSE, Nov 4, 2013.

1. RSE

RSE Member

Hi Folks,

Putting in a bid for a 700'x5' town sidewalk bordering the state highway. Constant fight with the processed snow pushed onto the walk from the state plows so I have the go ahead to wait until they are done first.
    I will be using a 3016 Mahindra with a 60" blower brought in from about a mile away. Its a straight shot ( no corners or breaks ) except for a telephone pole requiring 10 mins shovel action at the very beginning.
    We have never put in for a sidewalk this large and may not need the big machine everytime...We have smaller blowers if needed. Do I price per equipment used or per event??
  2. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

per event, flat fee or per inch
  3. ultimatelawns

ultimatelawns Member

Won't be able to wait till they are done if it is cold. A lot of the stuff they will throw on it will be wet and it will be frozen to the walk. Then would need to ice pick the hole thing. I have been there and the sidewalk was 15 feet from the street
  4. RSE

RSE Member

Thanks for the heads up ultimate.....and tread. I am going for the per inch and will pre-wet the area. Fingers crossed.....