1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Town Plowing- rates

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tumbledry, Nov 2, 2006.

1. tumbledry

tumbledry Junior Member

Does anyone know what towns pay the most for town plowing. I know Natick, Mass pays 58 an hour, minimum of four hours and 1 hour hookup.(for pickup trucks) I could call all the surrounding towns DPW, put ill try here first.
  2. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Not sure about towns i am checking into that myself around Shelton CT here, but I think the state of ct pays $100 or so an hour min 4 hours, But you can only use a 33k truck with a min 11 or 12 ft plow Nothing smaller. They also pay more to trucks with sanders (yes you can not have a sander a still plow for the state ) also if you have a computerised speader set up you get more money to. Hope this helps.
  3. T.W. Barrett

T.W. Barrett Junior Member

Hanover Mass pays $ 62 hr.and up. Mass State Hwy pays $55 and up. I believe Quincy pays even more.
  4. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

city of Medford says its rates are $63/hr for my F-550...they sent me a letter, i thought this was a bit low for an F-550 w/ 9 Ft plow...anyone know if this rate sounds right?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  5. doh

doh Senior Member

I am $55/hr+travel here with an 8' doing the Arena lot.
  6. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

GO ON www.mhd.state.ma.us/

7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

See if this works

This was the 06 rate sheet for Mass highway.I havent been able to open the 07 sheet .XLS spreedsheet.....

Attached Files: