1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

towmotor junkyards?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ohiolawnguy, Dec 20, 2001.

1. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

we have a 1978 hyster towmotor, with a continental y 112 engine.. yeah its old, but it works. anyone know if there is a towotor junkyard in ohio? some parts are very difficult to find.
  2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I owned a machine shop until two years ago and worked with used equipment dealers often. Old forktrucks are a dime a dozen with these guys. I worked with a guy in Columbus that dealt specifically with gas & electric units. Let me know if you want to try that approach & I'll email you the info. If there is such a thing a a forklift graveyard this would be the place to start.

3. DeCoitoEquipmnt

DeCoitoEquipmnt Junior Member

I have a 1971 TOWMOTOR forklift that I need a motor for. I am not sure what motor is in it as it was in a basket when I got it. I have some casting numbers. You mentioned a junkyard for forklifts ... I would like more information on that if you have it.

Thank you in advance

4. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

Well I am late to this party, but a Continental f-163 out of a Lincoln welding machine should bolt right in. When you need engine parts search for Lincoln SA-200, plenty of parts for that.