1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Towing Mirrors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Polarismalibu, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Got bored one day and got a pair of the new style towing mirrors for my older gmc.

Mirrors.jpg

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I've had them on mine for almost 2 years and love them!

3. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I put a set on my 01 2500 when I got it. They are great for plowing. Mine are heated which helps a lot.

4. Polarismalibu

I really like having them. I do wish they were heated.

5. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

What did those run? I have thought about it

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Where did you get yours?

7. Polarismalibu

$200 off eBay. There power just not heated.

8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Any problems with mirrors shaking?

9. Polarismalibu

At first they did I just added some extra washers on the bolts so I could get them tight

10. South Seneca

I bought mine on ebay too. I think I paid $235. Yes mine are power and heated. The extending feature is not power in mine but I seldom use that anyway. I've been thinking of treating mirrors with Rain-X before snow flies. Anything to help them stay clean longer. My mirrors are always covered with road salt.

11. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

i only have power mirrors now...Do I have the plugs available for heated and turn signals?

12. South Seneca

The heated feature works off your rear defroster button. I think it's pretty common on GM trucks.

I don't know about turn signals but I think they have to be added to the wiring if your stock mirrors didn't have them.