1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Towing from mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rawdog, Aug 2, 2010.

1. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

so the other day I come up on a jeep thats sitting on his axles spinning. Couldnt get by so i reluctantly put a rope through one of the mounts and backed up..pulled him right out...It doesnt look bent but im not sure i want to make a habit out of it....has anyone else done this? How bad is it?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

its horrible.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol Ben.

I've done it. No sweat, they can take some abuse. Although you didn't list what mount you have and where you hooked it.............if it doesn't look bent, it probably isn't.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol, really tho i have pulled my fair share of vehicles out of the snow and mud with my curtis mount, i have even pulled out bushes and small stumps with it.

5. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Shouldn't be that big of a deal for that situation...

6. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

Sorry its a mm2. And thanks for the info...is it still ok to be doing with the mm2?

7. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

And I put the rope through one of the holes where the pin goes through

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

If you're really worried about it- just hook your plow up to it for good measure- if it goes on- no problems and life is good!