1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Towing a Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hydro_37, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a Bobcat 610 and it quit running. I need to tow it to my shop. What is the safest and best way to tow it about 6 blocks? The motor just quit. It is sitting in about 6" of water (not over the hubs on the wheels). I will check for spark and fuel pressure tomorrow. It has gas and turns over. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

thats a easy one.....DON'T TOW IT!

there is no way you can......unless you unhooked the chains from the drive motor's otherwise severe drive motor damage WILL happen

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

An old 610, I don't think you'll do damage, but don't quote me on that. it's not good for it. but you can pull it on to a flat bed tow truck or something. it's not like the newer machines where yes you will **** it. phone the dealer, see what they say?

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bobcat

use your trailer with a winch or a roll back .

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Thanks for the replies. I pulled it just far enough to get it to dry ground. Replaced the distributor cap and plugs and it fired right up. Still cougs and sputters a little bit at times. Needs a good tune up. How do you get the plate off the distributor so you can put points in??

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

see, this is where i got confused Bruce.

i am glad you got it going, the plate comes off with a torch, prybar and sledge....? in other words idunno lol

good luck