1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tower will not rise/blade stops moving/ havelights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Nov 5, 2006.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I’m having electrical problems. Pull the plow out to dust it off today pull in to it and the tower would not go up using the switch!! Had the controller on and in float mode as I taped the controller the blade moved a little. I unhooked the connectors and re hook them nothing. Tried again 2 hrs later tower went up blade moved from side to side then stop all together I have power to the plow because the drive lights and markers are on the whole time.

Any ideas is it the cylanoid or the relay in the pump housing?

2. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

I would first check the power and ground plugs. Even though all your lights may be working, you may still have a problem with the power/ground cables. Over time, they have a tendency to loosen their grip on each other which makes for intermittent operation. If you look at the male pin on each end, you'll see it slit down the center. Try taking a small screw driver and pushing the halves of the pins apart, and that usually helps the plugs grab better. It could possibly be the solenoid as well, but the solenoid will usually just fail entirely, either open or closed. There is no relay inside the pump housing; the cables go directly to the motor.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I'll give thata try I do not now thow the ends are'nt even a year old yet? you are talk the ends of the plow connectors and the ones from the truck right?

4. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

same thing happned to mine. i ended up replacing the motor.