1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tower Switch Problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Craaaig, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the switch that raises the light tower not working at all, if so, any suggestions?

2. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Just replaced mine, $29.99 for a new switch, had to put a couple new ends on the wires going onto the switch, make sure you get all the wires plugged in correct. The switch has six conectors and about 12 wires going into it.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I replaced mine this year with the new sealed unit and it didn't make a difference :dizzy: i still have to play with the :gunsfiring: switch.

4. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

the first problem usually is the switch (if it's not sealed). Then the problem usually is the diode going bad. That is usually a problem eventually.

5. DJ Contracting

Where is this diode your talking about located?

6. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

7. DJ Contracting

OK so it's just an in-line diode right?
    Another thing mine will sometimes just wine and other times it won't do anything at all does this sound like a diode problem?

8. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Mine did that and it was just a connection problem at the switch. Replace the connectors at the switch, mine had a loose connection. Boy I used the word connection a lot.