1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow truck hit me... pics included

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Dec 11, 2007.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sup guys so last small storm we had it snowed like an inch and a half, then turned to pretty much pure ice, i was on my way homw, and a full size tow truck slid down a hill at a slow rate of speed and smacked into my truck, i was stopped because i saw him coming and had no where to go, he hit me with the back of his truck, kinda just side swiped me then our bumpers got connected and he dragged me back down the hill about another 10 feet until i hit a curb and we stopped. pics suck as its my camera phone and the truck was dirty but you get the point. i have no idea what the estimates are gona be to fix it but i guess we will see.
  2. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

That not good! At least you're OK. Any damage to your truck's frame? PITA going thru the repair process. I feel for ya'.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's too bad! If you had of used FF the tow truck would have just slid off. j/k

no everything looks fine underneath, just cosmetic, i might just get the check, and fix it in the spring, i dont really want to put the truck in the shop right in the middle of the snow season.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007

haha i knew a fludid film comment was gonna come up, lol

this was thr size truck that hit me, its actually almost identical to it.
  7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just a little bigger than ur truck:cool:
  8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

So you got hit by a tow truck and I got hit by a salt/snowplow truck, this isn't starting off to good.

haha yeah its a bad start allready.
  10. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Now would be a great time to throw a flat bed dump on it. I am glad that you are able to plow. My wifes 07 tahoe got slammed into the other day.
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

At least your plow didn't get the direct hit like mine did. I'd rather have him catch the rear of my truck than the front. Hopefully it all gets fixed and back to good condition.

Hows that other ram workin' out for you?
  12. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

At least its still driveable and only cosmetic not major damage. Stay out of trouble next time. j/k
  13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You know, as soon as it goes in the shop it's going to SNOW;)
  14. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

At least its only cosmetic! Good luck getting it fixed!

yeah i know, thats why i might just get the check pocket it, and wait till spring when i have some down time, ill just buy a tail light on ebay for like 20 bucks and toss that in.
  16. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

At least no one was hurt.

Truck should be ok , its just fact that you were hit that stinks

thanks for the kind words guys, lol and the worst part about the accident was the guy was trying to tell me e didnt cause the big dent right behind the door, lol he was like oh that was there i didnt do that, im like guy trust me you did it, the truck was mint before i met you today.
  18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, people like that make the whole situation worse. Did he end up admiting to it?
  19. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

bare minimum get it on a frame machine and have it checked. then make sure the alignment is good. if he shoved you in to a curb for 10 feet of movement then bam in curb. plus the fact that he was a lot bigger than you. i would hate to see you get body money and then need frame or axle money. ya never know.:rolleyes:
  20. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I'm actually pretty surprised how limited the damage is considering what hit you and that it dragged you down the street.

Glad you're ok...get the check and pop in a taillight and wait till spring...nobody can be truckless right now.