1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow package for plow prep

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stryker 12, Sep 4, 2008.

1. stryker 12

stryker 12 Junior Member

i have been told that the tow package will work just as good as the plow package on a diesel truck and this is from a dealer that told me this can it work or not or just go with the plow package.
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

find out what the two consit of....

normally a tow pakage is a hitch , wiring , might include the trailer brake? .. and heavy REAR springs

normally the plow, is a Heavy duty ALT, skid plates? and stiffer FRONT springs, sounds too me liek hes blowing smoke up ur butt, however keep in mind, im no ford expert, nor do i even own one... but thats normally what those type of pakages MIGHT consit of
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go with the plow prep. there's more to it then front axle also heavier tires, limited slip rears, extra cooling, different fan clutch, etc.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

plow prep deals with the front end where the plow is usually heavy duty front springs trans cooler bigger alt. etc trailer pack is usually a hitch and usually a trans cooler..... keep in mind if you hang a plow on the front end with no plow prep you may void your war.