1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tow hooks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ghostrunner, Dec 7, 2003.

1. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Installed the Fisher EZV and lost the tow hooks on the front. Is there any way to mount them with the pecular mount? Has anyone else found a way to keep the two hooks as well as the plow mount?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Nope, sorry, no way to keep the tow hooks. I think if gm didnt make them out of cast but solid steel you might be able ot keep them but the cast hooks just wont be strong enough for all the weight of the plow.

3. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

i put an ultra mount on my gmc and lost the tow hooks too.
    but i didnt have to notch the bumper!

4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Thats what is nice about the Meyer MDII and E-Z mounts is that you get to keep your tow hooks.

5. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

I thought I saw a picture of a GMC owner with the tow hooks and the pecular mounted together. If not I will take off pecular mount in the spring and put the tow hooks on for mud season.

Thanks for replies

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Get yourself a good heavy clevis and use it in the mounting pin hole of the peculiar mount on the truck.

7. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

What is a pecular mount?

8. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

MM2

The permanent part of the mounting system that stay on the truck. It goes where the tow hooks used to be.