1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow hooks/western

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by crazymike, Apr 30, 2006.

1. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

For those of you with western plows and a 3rd Gen Dodge Ram you know that you had to take off your front tow hooks to install the plow.

Had anyone found a way to reinstall them over top of the plow mount?

I took a quick look and it seems as if I might be able to squeeze them over top of the tow mounts if I got longer bolts. But I could be wrong.

Any suggestions?

I hope it's not too late in the season, there must be a few lurkers left :p

2. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Wow, good thing you posted this, I am about to buy Tow Hooks and my mounts for my Western plow are on. I'll check on this tomorrow, didn't think the plow mounts could get in the way of the tow hooks? I know a guy with tow hooks and a Fisher XBlade setup on his 2500, figured his mounts couldnt be too differently mounted then how mine is.

What kind of mount do you have?

3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Western Ultra (the newest one)

The dealer installed it and removed the tow hooks. But I find them handy to have. I will line them up later and let you know.

4. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Great, keep me posted.

5. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Crazymike any updates, have you tried the install?

Hopefully you're still around these forums....