1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow/haul mode

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Novadiecast, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I am getting ready to take mt 07 2500hd classic 6.0 with 4:10 across country from Indiana to Vegas. I will be pulling a 24' enclosed trailer loaded . total trailer weight about 8500 pounds. My question is the tow/haul mode do I use it of not. Let me know your thoughts on why or why not.
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I would use it. Tow haul changes the shift points to a better RPM, uses the enginge to break, and uses the tourqe convertor to its potetintal.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nicely said. Everytime I am towing a trailer I hit that button. And for you it will work great going thru those mountains. What are you hauling?
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

tow-haul mode
    it downshifts for you, helps you braking
    and keeps you moving when going up.
    remember on really steep hills, throw it in manual and downshift it to a good point

flatlanders don't get how big mountains are out here.
    I can think of a couple 5 to 10 mile 6% downgrades on freeways off the top of my head.
    downshift her, throw on the blinkers and putz along in the right lane at 30mph.

You will eat your brakes otherwise.
  5. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I will be hauling the 24' enclosed trailer with 2 Harley Ultra Classics and some furniture. I was thinking of going the southern route out throught Albuquerque and come back the northern route through Denver. The return trip will be just the Harleys. Unless we ride them back.:redbounce