1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow/haul flash - weekend from hell

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dag-otto, Jan 23, 2006.

1. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

On my way from plowing. Tow/Haul on the gear shift started flashing. I remember hearing that pulling the terminals off the batteries for 10minutes resets the transmission computer. Well hell... I reconnected the batteries and turned the key,, power in the dash, no crank... Fun... Thought it might be the shifter not in park, so I crawled underneath to make sure it was in park.
    No dice. Had it towed to my local Ford shop on saturday night. Went back to the ford dealer on sunday to see if I could start on the lot..Door lock punched out, steering coloum cracked open.
    So the moral of the story thank god my ford sucked and couldnt be started with a key or screwdriver.
  2. remtech1

remtech1 Junior Member

not starting sucks but may have been a good thing.last winter my tow haul light started flashing ,then my tranny blew up in my 99 350 psd. about $4000. later my light doesn't flash. best of luck.
  3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

That flashing light usually never means anything good, especially on a truck with the E4OD.:nono: :nono: :nono:
  4. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Sigh,,, turns out its a faulty clutch fan causing the temps to rise above normal operating temp. Shutting everything down for survival.
    Also FYI. Snow plow prep specs out a different HD clutch fan than the base model. Learned something new today. :)