1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tow behind spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JThompson, Dec 8, 2003.

1. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

Anyone have any familiarity with a tow behind v box spreader? I caught a glimpse of one on the highway today. I think it said Sandmaster. Anyway, I had never seen or heard of one before. Seems like a great idea as it would free up the bed of the truck for the blowers, shovels, etc.
  2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I have no experience with them but I recall someone here saying the weight of a "loaded tow behind anything" like a trailer or whatever takes the weight and pushes the truck around. I think you'd need to load your bed with weight to keep from being pushed around by the trailer especially on snowy roads. I saw a pickup that was towing a stalled compact pickup get pushed though an intersection on wet pavement. Granted he was going too fast but the same thing may apply on snow or ice.