1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tow behind or rider?

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by scoot, Aug 13, 2005.

1. scoot

scoot Junior Member

I'm just doing my homework before getting into the sweeping game. and I am wondering what you guys think of a couple of different sweeping machines. A powerboss 9X rider with a cab and a tow-vac. The unit would be used only for parking lots. I've heard that a pick-up mounted sweeper like a savinjer or nite hawk would be the best, but when you're just starting out, that's alot of cash to spend. Any advice. By the way, I'm north of Grand Rapids in Michigan Thanks, Scoot.

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Scoot-
    If you are serious about getting into the business, come ride with us on a weekend. I can send you out with a tow-behind and a Scavinjer. I am only about 1 hour from MI straight down I-75. E-mail me or let me know how to get ahold of you. I would have loved to operate a few different pieces of equip before forking out my hard earned cash or making any decisions. Keep in mind, I am no dealer and have nothing to gain from this. Simply another viewpoint for you.

3. scoot

scoot Junior Member

tow behind

Hey guy, I may just take you up on that offer. Right at this moment, I'm high bidder on a powerboss rider sweeper. My email is;

bhentig@wmis.net
    Bill Hentig
    616/696-3515

thanks for your help, Bill