1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tour Pics of our local Gold Mine

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Jul 19, 2010.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I had a chance to take the wife and kids out for a tour of one of our local gold mines and I thought I would share a few pics. We were able to go underground and we also got to see a open pit blast at the end of the day. I was hoping to get some close up pics of the kids in the Cat 992 K but it was in the shop getting serviced and the 992 G was loading trucks.

june2010baricktour 014.jpg

june2010baricktour 020.jpg

june2010baricktour 036.jpg

june2010baricktour 010.jpg

june2010baricktour 022.jpg
  2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Cool pics. Looks at the exhaust on that 777D!!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Free gold samples at the end of the tour?
  4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, hows the new dump trucks working out?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

what is special about the tires on the loader?
  6. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

those are run flat tires
  7. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Actually aren't they chained to break the rock to prevent cutting the tires?
  8. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

yeah now that i look at it it looks more like chains
  9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Forget the exhaust, you should here the engine scream when the trucks fully loaded pulling up hill. I have spent atleast six thousand hours behind the wheel on Cat trucks. They will fly with a full load. It's quite the feeling I must say.
  10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

I've heard they get three sets of tires out of a set of chains for those loaders. For the 994 sized loaders a set of chains is around $50k
  11. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I wish. We did have a chance to get pictures with a brick of gold but we ran out of time.
  12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

The new dumps are working out pretty good. I still haven't had time to post pics of our newest one because I've been to busy driving it. So far we have about 13,000 km on one and 12,000 km on the other.
  13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I bet you can even feel the vibrations when it takes off.
  14. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Actually no, and with the cab doors shut tight & windows closed you hardly hear the engine but if you open the slider window on the right side of the cab it gets a little tough to take where the engine is right beside you. The first time I ran one, the A/C didn't work and it was hot out, I left the right side door open to get a breeze in the cab but the engine was loud and at time's you could feel the heat from it.
  16. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

discovery channel has a program on mining trucks, really a neat program