1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tough Time mounting plow to truck Help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I just got my fisher HT installed the other day and the first couple of times connecting the plow to the truck went OK. I am finding that the pins are not exactly lined up with the holes in the push plates when attempting to mount. It appears as though the pins are a bit lower than the hole. The way I have to mount the plow is to go to each side of the blade and sorta lift and push at same time and the pins pop in. This isn't necessarily good for someone with a blown lower disc in his back. Anything I can do to make mounting the plow any easier? Any tips or tricks you can share?

Thanks

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Not sure if its exactly the same as the regular minute mount but what i do is get it close then push on the headgear between the headlights and the leverage makes it easy to get the pins in.

3. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

After you pull up to the blade plug the electrical connections in and put the blade in float,this will allow the head gear to move far more easily to lock the pins in.

4. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Thanks, will try this tomorrow. Should have read the manual. :p

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Always lower the lift ram completely BEFORE dismounting the plow from the tk

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The first time we tried mounting our HT, we could not even get it on without putting it in float. Float is a must with this plow.

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You should also put a piece of wood under the leg.If you store it outside in the snow it will keep it level.

8. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. My driveway was just done two years ago and is very level where the plow sits. I tried mounting last night while in float mode. It does make things a bit easier however the pins still gave me some trouble. Easier than before, yes, but not as simple as the fisher youtube videos make it seem..lol

Either way, thanks for the heads up and for saving my back. The way I was doing it before was just nuts! The HT that I got has the upgraded jack stands, one on each side. Way better design than the original HT with the one spring loaded jack. You can see the jack stands on both sides of the plow....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think the MMII hook up stinks in general. I'm pretty good with mine, but I always end up having to f with it somewhere. If the ground is really built up with snow I end up having to lift the passenger side wing around to get hooked up.

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Bingo. Push head gear in to lock it

11. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I have never mounted my HD plows with snow on the ground, that little bit of lift from rolling over the compacted snow creates a alignment issue. I always mount the plows hours before the storm hits. When you head into the plow is the plow and truck straight, sometime mine is on a slight angle and I have to drive into the plow and push it forward to get it to line up, then usually push on the center of the plow between the light assemblies. I also keep my pins well greased, makes it little easier to engage when I push.