1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Touchy Smart controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Clint S, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

We got a new BOSS trip edge with what I am guessing is the smart controller. It is hand head. It is unlike our other plows in that if you even brush the button it moves. Our other hand helds at least had a fraction of a second delay and you had touch the button not accidental brush it. Is it a faulty controller.

2. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

sounds normal to me

3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

My dad is the primary driver. I tried it a little today and I have a hand held controller on our Fisher EZV and this controller is 100x more sensitive. If your anywhere near the button it moves, you don't have to press the button just put you finger on it like the touch screen of a phone. Several times it angled when pushing the down button, my fat thumb was against, but not necessarily pressing the button. Dad said it is so sensitive it is difficult to control and he absolutely hates it, in my short time in it I agree. We both have had several other plows so it is not just a getting used to thing.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

So I put a bit more time in today and if I was careful the controller worked. I may have to take back what I said. Yes the buttons are sensitive, but I could manage if I looked at the controller. Must be my fat thumbs. I may switch over to a joystick. Dad said he would give it another go and take his time. Guess we are not used to the speed of the plow coupled with the buttons curving over the raise lower button. Overall it plows well, the auto up function is nice too

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. hark

hark Junior Member

Sounds normal to me too.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Give it a little more time , you will love it after a while .

7. kid28

kid28 Junior Member
    from Ohio

My New DXT was like this, like SHAWZER said you'll learn to love it.

Until you drop it on the floor and it moves the plow. Or your loading salt and your 2 year old thinks its a toy.