1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

touchpad problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DBL, Mar 5, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

on my myers touchpad there are two lights one for the float and one is like a red lightning bolt and in the last big storm, i havent used it since, it was going off a lot. i would just shut it off then turn it back on then it would work. i called my dealer and he said it was either over working it like angling while pushing a load which i wasnt or a short in the system. i doubt theres a short but where would i look for this i have no idea how there can be a short already i had the plow installed in like september

2. Whip

Whip Member

I have found that the most common cause is at the solenoid wire connection plugs and are not making a good connection. Could be corroded or just simply the female socket is "spread out" so the male bullet is not fitting snugly and making good contact.

3. FordPlow

FordPlow Junior Member

On my meyer touchpad the red light would come on every so often, then it got to the point it just stay on all the time. The dealer had to replace to A selonoid. No problem since.