1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

touchpad overload w/E47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohionewbie, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Ok guys I hooked up like the diagram says.....but as soon as I hit a button on my touchpad the red overload light comes on....I have tried switching some wires on my solenoid with no luck....my solenoid looks different than the ones everyone has showed me...I have two top posts for the power wires (red to battery and red to solenoid) and two smaller bottom posts...the diagram shows that the small white wire from harness goes too the small post on the solenoid....and that the small orange wire from the harness goes too the negative side of the battery .....that is how it is hooked up....im lost.....please help if you can....THANKS!!!

2. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Ok guys ....fixed that problem!!.......now it raises extremely slow...like last year. All my grounds are good...im sure it is something in the pump..I do not have angle cylinders yet so its just ip and down for now....but the up part is SLOOOW?

3. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

No that's ok.....heard good things about E47's.....

5. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

I have that wiring diagram.....all my wiring is fine.....something with the pump

6. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

ok it is your plow
    e47 are not fast
    but maybe your motor is going bad

7. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Thanks....my neighbor has a E47....and it is way faster than mine.....

8. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

I have a e47 here as well I took it off the first 1/2 year and put on a e60 noticable differance in preformance the e47 is taken up space on my shelf but I keep it as a spare if I ever need it the e60 been on two trucks for the last 10 years no problems at all with it only yearly fluid flushes and refills

9. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Right now im guessing your version of slow and my version are two different things...lol.....im saying it takes a good three minutes too get my blade off the ground to the fully raised position.....

10. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

WOW I hope you do not keep running it contiuous for those three minute or you will for sure toast the motor or more sounds like you have some serious problems are you sure you have it filled with oil?

My e47 would lift it fairly fast like about 3-4 seconds the e60 like 2 seconds or faster

11. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

No...I don't run it continuesly...I just posted a thread for adding fluid....I am fairly new at this ...so I need any help I can get...lol.....thanks for your help Micheal

12. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

check the power draw with a friend activating the pump (its hard to be in two places at once) if your wiring is good and fluid is full you may be starting to lose the motor. Excessive draw may confirm that. Also check for any mechanical blockage by the clevis mounts. I did an install where the clevis mount that came used did not work in the highest hole position because the blade hit the top of the mount stopping it from lifting.