1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Touchpad location

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cef2lion, Nov 6, 2006.

1. cef2lion

cef2lion Junior Member

Installing a Meyers touchpad for my friends 07 2500. He had a joystick with the plow he sold and it had a bracket. Looking at the dash I don't see a good location to velcro the touchpad. All locations would have the touchpad facing down. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I thought about a bracket like the one the joystick used an just velcro the touchpad to the bracket.

2. Briarpatch Joe

Briarpatch Joe Junior Member

Mine isn't attached. I like it in my hand all the time

3. Briarpatch Joe

Briarpatch Joe Junior Member

We are talking about the key pad!!!

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I always thought the whole point of the touchpad controls from the varoous manufacturers was to avoid drilling holes in your dashboard.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There is a legstrap for it. When I had a truck with one though , I used the joystick bracket with some velcro on it to give it a nice angle.

6. Load-4

Load-4 Junior Member

you can also make a strap with about $5.00 worth of velcro and nylon webbing from any craft or fabric store. That also gives you some options if you vary the length. On my F-250, with its bench seat, I was able to attach the same strap to the seat right next to my leg. Be creative!

7. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I saw this one on eBay yesterday and was thinking how unusual the location was. I don't think I would like it there. I have mine mounted to the dash to the left of the steering wheel for my Western V. I can move the plow with one hand and drive / change gears with the other. I don't think I would like serching for mine on the seat. I'm always jumping in and out of the truck, so a strap to my leg would be out. JMO.

Plow Mount on Door eBay Small.jpg

8. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I like that mount. Drive with the right, and change gears with right. Rest left on rest and change the plow around.

9. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I glued 2 strips of velcro on mine and stuck on the seat next to me.

10. victoryrider

victoryrider Junior Member

I used a "PANA-VISE" cell phone mount on mine. it works great as it can be adjusted for the best location and I can run it with my left hand while my arm is resting on the arm rest. DSCN0647 800x600.JPG

DSCN0649 800x600.JPG

DSCN0647 800x600.JPG

DSCN0649 800x600.JPG