1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

touchpad failure

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jayram75, Dec 15, 2010.

1. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

hi guys i just got my meyer original yellow touch pad in the mail from ebay. i think its shot. when i plug in the square 6 pin plug and turn on the switch on the bottom the motor starts running with no coils energized. it just runs. im getting constant power off the white wire from the switch so im guessing the pad is bad. any ideas.

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

What was you original touchpad doing before you bought a new one ? Same problem ?

There are a few things that could cause this , not only in the touchpad but in the wiring also .

Sounds like you got a bum touchpad , but like I said other things can cause the problems you describe.

Will the seller refund your $$ , or swap out with another unit? It was the 22154 correct?

TOM

3. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

nast-z its a 22154B i had switches before this and it worked fine. i got a harness from ebay and installed that then when i got the money i bought the pad. i have red to red, black to black, green to green, white to solenoid, blue to keyed dash power, and orange to ground i bought a new napa solenoid and new batt connectors. im a hvac tech by trade so im used to wiring and controls i took the pad apart and there is no signs of burns or anything like it. I dont know if a pushbutton is stuck or if i have a bad resistor or what. I called a meyer sales place and the guy said that symptom is a common prob and people that dont wire the pad to a keyed source come out from work or home to their pump motor running away or a dead batt.

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

It sounds like you have it all correct , the only thing I would be concerned with would be the NAPA solenoid , do you happen to have the part # on the box the solenoid was in? Just curious. Was this the solenoid you were using with the toggles?

You don't happen to know somebody you could borrow a known good touchpad to try , do you?

I have a brand new one , but I am in PA .

TOM