1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

touchpad failure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jayram75, Dec 15, 2010.

1. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

hi guys i just got my meyer original yellow square plug touchpad off ebay. I got a bad one i think when i plug it in and turn on the switch undernieth the motor just runs even without pushing up,down,left or right. no valve coils open though. when i push the buttons it works but the motor never shuts off. is that a short in the touchpad. with a test light i get power on the white wire out of the switch without pressing anything to me it seems like a failure in the pad keeping the white energized all the time. all help is greatly awaited thanx guys.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sound like the board inside is burned. does your old control make the motor run?

i can get you one for a reasonable price.

3. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

no lead, i recently switched from a switch set to the touchpad i got a harness and the touchpad and the first time i plugged in the pad this happened. I have white to solenoid, red to red, black to black, green to green orange to ground and blue to dash keyed power. I called a meyer sales place and they told me this is a common failure and its in the circuitboard but i took it apart, im a hvac tech so im used to looking at boards and stuff and i saw no burns or signs of them so i dont know if there is a resistor bad or what and before buying another pad i figured id ask you guys the person i got it from on ebay says no refund so im out the $100 i spent on it. What is your cost on one with the 6 pin plug? thanx for responding.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

a new one is 149 plus tax.

5. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

does the wiring i described sound right? i might be interested in a touch pad from ya what kind is it? do you take paypal?

6. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

file a complaint with paypal that the guy sold you a broke unit and leave his @$$ some bad feedback...
    most of the time paypal will do something

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Brand new genuine Meyer?

Great price if it is , $239 new anywhere you look :salute:

TOM

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010