1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Touchpad controller won't work

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by yardsmith, Dec 6, 2010.

1. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

hey guys
    I'm still using my rt2 v plow, & got a touchpad controller. I plugged it in last night & I got nothing...... tried with key on / off, etc. but nothing. Any suggestions? I was hoping to graduate from the toggle switch box this year :(
  2. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

3. rdoughty

rdoughty Junior Member
    from maine

Yardsmith, have you found the problem yet pm me if not
  4. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Check your relays under the hood. One may have came loose or need to be replaced
  5. elecblu

elecblu Member

Not trying to be a smartalic, but there is an on/off switch on the controller. Easily overlooked on the first use.
  6. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

elecblu-that was my first thought; I didn't see one anywhere, just slots on both sides to hang up I guess. I'll look again when I go out this morning.

pongow-not sure if its a relay because when I plug my toggle box back in everything works
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Whether you turn the on/off switch on or not it still won't work since there's no ground wire in the control harness on the RT2's to operate a handheld...because they never had them. You'll have to add one at the control plug yourself if you wish to run the handheld.