1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

touch up paint?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by 600rrpilot, Feb 1, 2007.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

Does curtis sell touch up paint? Or is it not even worth it considering the paint reputation? Should I just let it rust until I feel the need to blast and repaint the entire blade?

2. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I use Kubota orange.

3. J J Landscaping

J J Landscaping Junior Member

J J Landscaping

Good one Tom - Now that you said that, you could not find a better match than that. Your a 10 on my scale for that one. That will help everyone that likes the curtis plows to look new. Jimmy

4. dbreault

dbreault Member

The orange on our plow is in fact Kubota Orange (don't tell Kubota ;) ). We do offer touch up paint in either a spray can or quart (from Sherwin Williams). It is a little pricey and is really only standard paint as the original paint on the plows is powder coated.

5. J J Landscaping

J J Landscaping Junior Member

J J Landscaping

Now i have two 10,s on my scale. Your a good sales rep for curtis and glad you are here. Curtis makes a ( very good ) plow and the next truck WILL be a curtis - Jimmy

6. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

think there is any point in touching up? My paint is chipping and peeling on a lot of the edge surfaces. Or should I just let it go until its time to repaint the entire plow?

7. dbreault

dbreault Member

I feel it is worth touching up. The more you can keep any moisture or what not away from exposed edges of metal or paint the longer the overall finish is going to last.

Also things that are kept looking good usually are usually kept working good!

"If anyone has an extra snow they would like to ship to New England......:angry: "

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i use this guy (914) 232-3515 bill kubota

9. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

I use

Allis Chalmers orange. Its very close, cheep to purchase for Tractor supply, And it matches my tractor :)