1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Touch pad question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Xmas1, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Xmas1

Xmas1 Junior Member

I have an older ST-7.5 that I'm moving to my other truck. It was originally bought for a 1995 Chevy and I'm moving it to a 2003 Chevy 2500HD. The touch pad has a large round connector on it that I don't really like and it looks like the new wiring will come with a square plug end. Can I simply replace the connector end or are there other internal issues that won't allow the older touch pad to work on the new truck?

2. Xmas1

Xmas1 Junior Member

I got it up and running. Meyer has an adapter for a new controller and old wiring but not for an old controller with new wiring. I went to Radio Shack, the local electronics store, and the end is a standard 6 pin connector. Cheapest thing I did so far on the conversion. It cost $2.59 for the correct end. Took less then an hour to make the change and I'm up and running.