1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Touch pad controller problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Feb 11, 2013.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

Testing my E-60 tonight and when I turned my controller on it would go into lockout (red light) and all the buttons would light up and flash. I had a spare controller and everything works as it should. Can these controllers be repaired and what can cause them to go bad? It is the Meyers original controller with the raised buttons. Thanks for any help.
  2. pldann86

pldann86 Member
    from LI NY

More or less a sealed unit really poor design on my 3rd one after 8yrs.
    Ohh BTW...the raised buttons rip off pretty easy be carefull
  3. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

switch to the new pistol grip controllers, its much improved and 100% reliable. it will come with an abapter to plug into your touch pad harness square end. ussmileyflag
  4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Mine lasted 18 years before it shorted out (I think due to the ground coming loose). I switched to a slick stick and could not be happier at less $$$. My truck is a 95 and is off road only for firewood, plowing and yard work.