1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

total storm vs per push

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by chevy5150, Oct 10, 2008.

1. chevy5150

chevy5150 Junior Member

:bluebounc I was talking to a potential costomer today. He said the guy that plowed for him last year would come through 2 or 3 times durning a single storm. But would only charge for the total accumulation on a per push pricing. Does anyone have any input on what to charge for total storm vs per push. Say 12 inches per push. Compared to 4 inches three times. My per push pricing is 2-6"=195 6-9"=285 9-12"=375 then per hour for this lot. I just don't want to be low ballin even though I can see the building from my lot. :dizzy: This lot doesnt get salt.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Then tell him he might want to get the same guy again this winter.

My per push pricing goes (with a 3" trigger):

3" to 6" - $xx.xx
    over 6" to 9" - $xx.xx times 1.5
    over 9" to 12 - $xx.xx times 2
    over 12" - $xx.xx times 2. plus yy.yy per inch over 12"

Don't let someone dictate HOW to plow. YOU decide what depths to handle, etc.
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I tend to doubt his former guy came through a couple of times for 1-3"; usually storms 4" and over can warrant a return based on the type of location your plowing
    eg. industrial park>no return
    shopping storefront>potential return,again based on "your terms of agreement"
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

If his old guy was so great, why is he talking to you?
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Pass on this account.