1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

total snow accumulations from th CDOT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mikelandscaping, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

MERIDEN 5.00
    UNION 8.00
    VERNON 5.00
    WETHERSFIELD 5.75
    COLCHESTER 5.00
    GROTON 4.25
    HADDAM 6.50
    MANSFIELD 4.75
    NORWICH 4.00
    OLD SAYBROOK 4.50
    PUTNAM 3.50
    DARIEN 2.75
    MILFORD 1.50
    NEW CANAAN 2.00
    NEW HAVEN 2.75
    AVON 5.50
    BEACON FALLS 4.50
    DANBURY 4.50
    EAST GRANBY 6.00
    LITCHFIELD 5.25
    NORTH CANAAN 7.00
    SOUTHBURY 4.50
    THOMASTON 4.50
    WATERBURY 5.00
    WINCHESTER 6.75

Looks like another low pressure moving up from the gulf just brushing ct with a mix or rain or snow. Then next week temperatures will rise into the upper 40's middle 50's possibly even reaching 60. WHERE THE HECK IS WINTER :(

2. drplow

drplow Senior Member

thats it.
    tomorrow i will pack the plow away and start the tree service back up.

3. Mikelandscaping

Unfortunatly yes thats all CT got :mad:

4. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

just curious as to where those measurements came from?

5. Mikelandscaping

Those measurments came from the Connecticut DOT

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

All hope for the winter isnt lost just yet...If you look ahead we have one warm week then there is signs we finally get into a good winter pattern with cold temps and possibly snow.

7. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

whats wrong with 4 inches or so of snow? You are all acting like babies thinking it'll never snow a lot. I don't know about you, but I get the same payment no matter how little of snow we get.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

bolensdriver
    I have to agree with you. Why does everyone want the BIG storm.
    Hell on your truck and equipment. Just finished plowing 2" last night and thats great!

9. danno

danno Senior Member

Because this was THE only half decent snow we`ve gotten all this winter.! If you want to call it SNOW at all :mad:

10. drplow

drplow Senior Member

4 inches is my trigger amount. id love to have a snowfall of 8 inch or more every now and then. it bring in new customers for the following year. even though were filled contract wise this yr, any larger snowfall tends to bring in extended plowing business.

11. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

could you post the link? I pay 300 a year for snow totals -0- would be better..

12. Mikelandscaping

It looks like a small system coming up for tommorow doesnt look like a big deal Where is Winter?

13. drplow

drplow Senior Member

flurry's tomorrow and then the rest of the week rain, couple of days in the fifty's, must be an early spring. :cry:

14. Mikelandscaping

Must be time to start doign spring clean up.

15. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

Putnam only got 3.5"...that is where I grew up. I now live in Waltham, MA a little NW of Boston. We got about 5.5", but then it poured and the snow was saturated with water...made a real big mess. Man was that stuff heavy! :eek: